Monday, January 31, 2011

Book of the Week: There's a Cow in the Cabbage Patch


This book continues E's fascination with all things animal. I like it mainly because of the illustrations, which are actually photographs of farm yard scenes made entirely from felt and embroidery. The story itself is not particularly complex; it's a litany of different animals winding up in places around the farm where they shouldn't be. Some nice, if simple, rhyme and the repetition "what shall we do?"

The answer:


(I am really quite enamoured with this page and may attempt to replicate it in felt, either for E or for whichever friend/relative has the next baby!)

1 comment:

_vTg_ said...

Heya, be honoured! I dragged myself out of Blogless-land for Book of the Week!
http://thisgrowinglife.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-of-week-wynken-blynken-and-nod.html

I love the idea of the felt creation! I've been meaning to do a Hooray for Fish picture for LB since before he was born, which is gradually getting too baby-ish for him :(

.header-inner .Header #header-inner { margin-bottom: 100px !important; } .main-outer { margin-top: 15px !important; }